Intravenous (IV) INFUSION
How to Prepare for your IV Therapy Infusion:
Prior to the arrival of a team member, we recommend consuming plenty of water and having a bite to eat for best results.
What to expect during your IV Therapy Infusion:
- The RN/Medic will explain each step of the process. The RN/Medic will first review client paperwork and discuss your medical history.
- During treatment, a Registered Nurse or Paramedic will insert an IV line into an accessible vein. The IV line is attached to a bag of saline, which is hung above the patient’s head. Essential fluids and minerals inside of the IV bag will be carried to the veins over a period of time. The duration of treatment typically lasts between 30 – 45 mins
- Occasionally, our clients might report cooling of their arm or a warm sensation as certain nutrients enter their bloodstream. These are normal occurrences.
- If you experience pain during the IV, please notify the RN/Medic right away. Some discomfort is normal but the RN/Medic will assess the IV to make sure it is flowing properly.
How to care for yourself after your IV Vitamin Therapy Infusion:
- You can resume normal activity
- Apply pressure to site for 2 minutes after IV has been removed
- Keep gauze in place for 4 hours
- Warm packs and elevating your arm can be used for any bruising at the site
- Any swelling should be significantly reduced in 24hrs
- Post IV infusion symptoms are uncommon. Dehydration is the cause of most symptoms and concerns.
- We encourage you to drink at least 1-2 16oz bottles of water after your IV infusion.
- If enough water is not consumed, you may experience any of the following symptoms: headaches, nausea, joint pain, blurred vision, cramping (GI and/or muscular), mental confusion or disorientation.
Patients commonly report one of the two feelings after IV Vitamin Therapy Infusion:
- Patients generally feel better right away. Due to a busy lifestyle, many people are chronically dehydrated and deficient in vitamins and minerals causing them not to feel well. Once the patient is hydrated and the nutrients are replaced, their symptoms improve quickly.
- Patients feel tired or unwell. These patients are generally in the process of detoxifying. When toxins are pulled out of tissues, they re-enter the blood stream. They remain poisons, but they are now on their way OUT instead of on their way IN. Even when patients do not feel well at this stage, the process is one of healing and cleansing. After this period, an overall improvement in one’s sense of well-being is generally reported.
The Benefits of IV Vitamin Therapy
1. Increases Wellness
Wellness includes not just your physical health, but your mental health as well. The body needs a certain level of vitamins and minerals to work at its best, but the demands of daily life can make it difficult to get these. IV vitamin treatment delivers nutrients that the body can absorb and use immediately that can support your mental wellbeing.
- B Vitamins promote energy
- Vitamin C supports brain, skin, muscle, heart and immune health
- Glutathione helps the body detox and remove free radicals caused by stress
2. Illness Prevention
Many factors can take a toll on your immune health, such as stress, lack of sleep and poor diet. As immune health decreases, you are more susceptible to sickness. IV vitamin therapy strengthens your immunity by delivering the nutrients your body needs to fight off illness.
Illness prevention benefits:
- Vitamin C fights illness and stress
- Zinc, an immunity powerhouse, works preventatively to ensure illness doesn’t stand a chance
- B12, helps improve cellular repair while promoting healthy blood and nervous system function
3. Rapid Hangover Relief
Alcohol dehydrates you and depletes your body of nutrients in the process. This shrinks tissue, particularly in the brain, which causes headaches and muscle aches. The liver also generates toxins, adding to your hangover discomfort. IV therapy combats these hangover symptoms. Hangover relief benefits:
- Hydration through saline solution alongside anti-inflammatory ingredients quickly relieves pain
- Hydration helps mitigate headaches and urinary and kidney problems, which are side effects of hangovers
- Toradol, a powerful anti-inflammatory medicine, helps rapidly combats pain
4. Enhanced Beauty
Beauty begins on the inside. Unlike topical treatments, IV vitamin therapy delivers antioxidants directly to the body and cleanses cells of free radicals that contribute to aging and tissue damage.
Enhanced beauty benefits:
- B-complex vitamins, are beneficial for hair and nail health
- Vitamin C is vital for healthy, youthful, radiant skin because it helps boost collagen production, which promotes firmer and clearer skin
- Glutathione is one of the most efficient antioxidants to help fight the physiological symptoms of aging and oxidative stress
5. Improved Athletic Recovery
Any workout – from professional to amateur – exhausts the body. Exercise causes muscle fatigue, while also causing a buildup of free radicals. IV vitamin therapy wipes these away and restores hydration and nutrients.
Athletic recovery benefits: